Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Few Words About Omelets


I've been a fan of omelets for years, but, until I watched Alton Brown prepare one on the Food Network, I never could consistently prepare them. Now, having learned about the importance of pre-heating the pan, I can produce a very nice appearing omelet. Sometimes they even taste great--but not so consistently. My problem is that they are often quite tough. I've never been able to master tender omelets.

Check out this episode from America's Test Kitchen. I'm not sure I want to go to this much trouble for those early morning omelets...but I think I know what we're having on Saturday. :)

For a twist on the fillings, try fresh mozarella or brie, good quality sausage, onions, and/or hash browns. And, don't forget to saute the onions before putting them in!




1 comment:

  1. These omelets turned out remarkably well. It takes some prep work, but the end result is worth the extra effort. I think having a good omelet pan is particularly important with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete