Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sounds and Words, A New Monthly Newsletter of Writing and the Arts

Kimberly's art in the gallery.
My wife Kimberly and I have enjoyed having an informal newsletter for years, but we've decided the time has come transition to something a little more polished and consistent in features.  

So, beginning this weekend, the first issue of Sounds and Words will arrive in e-mail boxes across the United States--and beyond.

It's not going to be fancy, but we hope it will provide some enjoyable and enriching reading for our growing audience.  I'm still making final decisions on the feature categories, but most likely there will be at least one article on writing, one faith article, a Catholic testimony/profile, possible current event commentary, and assorted other surprises (to me, too).  

I also welcome fellow members of the Catholic Writers' Guild to join me if they wish to submit short pieces for consideration.  While, of course, I hope that this brings a bit more attention to my books, I am also looking forward to trying something new here.  I think this will be fun.  

In case you're wondering where the name of the newsletter came from, I invite you to read The Letter of His Holiness Pope John Paul II to Artists.  This 1999 letter is as inspiring today as ever before.  The phrase that caught my eye is found in its first paragraph.   

Be sure not to miss the upcoming interviews.  Watch for details coming later on social media and the newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment