Monday, September 6, 2010

Crepes with Blackberry Compote

Today, I'm sharing warm crepes with fresh blackberry compote. (My photo also includes toasted challah bread with Dunkin Donuts' coffee.) For a basic crepe recipe, please see the Allrecipes.com. I suggest enhancing this with a tablespoon or two of sour creme as well as a tablespoon of sugar. If you're making crepes for a family of four, you should probably double the recipe.

For the compote, we had a fresh blackberries the family had recently picked. I cleaned the berries and placed them on the stove at a low heat. (It was probably about four to six cups of berries.) I added a little bit of butter followed by about a tablespoon of sugar to sweeten the berries. After it had been simmering for about fifteen minutes, I added a small amount of tapioca to thicken the mixture.

When done, it was the perfect topping for rich, homemade crepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment