Sunday, August 6, 2023

Visiting "God's Thumb" (via the Knoll)

"God's Thumb" (Lincoln City, Oregon)

Did an interesting hike yesterday: "God's Thumb." (See AllTrails for the details.) It was a gorgeous hike, and the view at the end was magnificent...but I almost cashed in my chips. This hike had me feeling my age. If you're a young guy or an athletic older person, go for it, but my suggestion is take my short-cut route instead to Cascade Head.
I tried to capture the trail conditions and the steepness in some of my photographs, but it works about as well as photographing the giant trees on the Coast--proportions fail to really convey true nature. In case you're wondering, no, I did not venture onto God's "thumbnail," as the trail looked as safe as my first car navigating Queen Anne Blvd in Seattle; don't really care for heights. So, unless family members really want me to take them back for some mysterious reason, I think I'll stick to Cascade Head via the Hwy 101 short-cut.














No comments:

Post a Comment