Sunday, December 1, 2013

New and Better Things

Politics has had my attention for a long time now.  During President Reagan's second campaign, I worked as a young volunteer in the downtown Yakima Republican headquarters.  It was usually just stuffing envelopes, but I was just glad to be able to do something to help a candidate in which I so strongly believed.  Lately, I've been so busy writing and working my state day job, that my political involvement has taken a nosedive.  That's about to take a serious change as I... enter the race for Oregon State House of Representatives, District 20.

Some close family and friends probably believe I've lost it, and that's fine.  I'm known for following my own course.  I'm accountable for what I do or don't do to make Oregon a better place.  I have to undertake what I believe is right, and I believe the timing is good this year for an entry into state politics.  I am optimistic that the people of Oregon's 20th District may see fit to entrust me with their confidence--and their vote.  It's not about me, however, it's about them.  A friend of mine calls this servant leadership, and I believe it's a critical mindset for successful and meaningful leadership.

As I step into this new chapter, I seek to proceed with the greatest humility as well as a desire to find incredibly talented people with whom to surround myself.  If you are interested in joining my team, please contact me today.  I am always looking for more volunteers, and there may also be an internship position available at some future time.

Special thanks also to those in the legislature who have given of their time for my questions these last couple weeks.


Find The Campaign!







What's Next for Singing in the Wood?

After a guest post from my Catholic Writers' Guild friend John Konecsni, this blog will be going to my sister-in-law, Shannon Dennis, for a while.  She plans to write on faith and family issues, and I can't wait to read what she shares!


No comments:

Post a Comment